Before the Meeting
- Print out your Unofficial Transcript from PRISM. To do so, log into PRISM and select "Self Service." Then, underneath Academic Records, select "View Unofficial Transcript." Click on the drop down box for Report Type, select "Unofficial Transcript," and then select "Go."
- Use your unoffical transcript to fill out the Associate Degree worksheet to see what general education requirements you still need to attain.
- Review the Transfer Information System: The TIS website provides comprehensive information about credit transfer equivalencies, academic program requirements, transfer guides and more. This site allows you to determine how courses transfer between the UW-Waukesha and other UW System institutions.
- Look through the course schedule and put together a tentative schedule.
- Have questions prepared for your advisor
- For students interested in pre-health careers, please review the information on the pre-health advising page.
Meeting with Your Advisor
All first semester freshmen are required to meet with an advisor before they can register. All other students are strongly encouraged to meet with their advisor.
- What am I planning to major in?
- What school do I want to transfer to?
- Do I have the transfer guides for my major (check out the Transfer Information System)?
- Am I going to earn the Associates Degree while I’m here?
- Would I like to participate in the Guaranteed Transfer Program?
- Do I remember the requirements for the Associates Degree?
- What GPA do I need to transfer?
- How are my classes going this semester? Do I need help in them? Have I talked to the professor? Do I need tutoring?
- Do I have any transfer credits? AP credits?
- What classes am I going to take in next semester?