What is Academic Advising?
Academic advising is a very important part of your college experience at UW-Waukesha. Advisors are available to assist you in developing educational plans that are compatible with your life goals. The ultimate responsibility for making decisions about your educational plans rests directly with you, but your academic advisor can help!
Academic Advisors can assist you with:
When is Advising Available?
Walk-in Advising (Academic Year Only): Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 11am-1pm
Extended Walk-In Hours During April: 10am - 3pm Monday - Friday
By Appointment: Stop by to sign up for an appointment or call 262-521-5476
Academic Success Center Advisors
Dinah Gygi, M.A., Coordinator of Non-Traditional Adult Student Services & Academic Advisor
Tony Landowski, M.S., Academic Success Center Director & Academic Advisor
Katie Press, M.Ed., Academic Advisor & Study Skills Specialist
Susan Adams, M.M., Academic Advisor
Kelli Thornton, Academic Success Center Associate
General questions may also be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check your faculty advisor assignment on PRISM. Contact your faculty advisor via email. All music majors should contact Professor Hurst at email@example.com.
Advising for UW-Oshkosh: Linda Hammer on Wednesdays, April 9 & 23 and May 14 & 28
Advising for UW-Parkside: Jason Herman on Thursdays, April 3rd and April 10th , 10am-1pm
All visiting advisors meet with students in C170 (across from the HUB).
How We Advise
UW-Waukesha utilizes a shared advising model. We have both professional staff and faculty advisors who seek to help students through their education journey here, including course planning, career and major exploration, life planning and limited financial aid advising. Advisor assignments can be found on student PRISM accounts.
- New Freshmen are advised by Academic Success Center advisors as well as faculty advisors.
- Students admitted to the Fresh Start Program will be advised by professional staff advisors in the Academic Success Center
- Students admitted to the TRiO Program will be advised by professional staff advisors in the TRiO office
- Students 22 years old and over are advised by the Coordinator for Adult Student Services in the Academic Success Center
- Transfer students are advised by Academic Success Center professional staff advisors
- Non-Degree (Special) students are advised by Academic Success Center professional staff advisors