What is Academic Advising?
Academic advising is a very important part of your college experience at UW-Waukesha. Advisors are available to assist you in developing educational plans that are compatible with your life goals. The ultimate responsibility for making decisions about your educational plans rests directly with you, but your academic advisor can help!
Academic Advisors can assist you with:
- Major & Career Advising
- Course Selection
- Transfer Planning
- Associate Degree Planning and Graduation Application Completion
- Study Skills
- Class Concerns
When is Advising Available?
Walk-in Advising: 10:00am-1:00pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Appointments: 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
To make an appointment please call 262-521-5040 or if you are a current student, use your e-mail address to log into: https://uwc.agilegrad.com/center/.
Solution Center Advisors
General questions may also be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check your faculty advisor assignment on PRISM. Contact your faculty advisor via email. All music majors should contact Professor Hurst at email@example.com.
- Advising for UW-Madison: Jessica Regan
- Advising for UW-Milwaukee: Andy Cuneo
- Advising for UW-Oshkosh: Richard Church
- Advising for UW-Parkside: Amelia Tobias
- Advising for UW-Whitewater: Dave Hahn or Sarah Duesterbeck
All visiting advisors meet with students in C170 (across from the HUB).
How We Advise
UW-Waukesha utilizes a shared advising model. We have both professional staff and faculty advisors who seek to help students through their education journey here, including course planning, career and major exploration, life planning and limited financial aid advising. Advisor assignments can be found on student PRISM accounts.
- New Freshmen are advised by Solution Center advisors as well as faculty advisors.
- Transfer students are advised by Solution Center professional staff advisors
- Non-Degree (Special) students are advised by Solution Center professional staff advisors