What is Academic Advising?
Academic advising is a very important part of your college experience at UW-Waukesha. Advisors are available to assist you in developing educational plans that are compatible with your life goals. The ultimate responsibility for making decisions about your educational plans rests directly with you, but your academic advisor can help!
Academic Advisors can assist you with:
- Major & Career Advising
- Course Selection
- Transfer Planning
- Associate Degree Planning and Graduation Application Completion
- Study Skills
- Class Concerns
When is Advising Available?
Walk-in Advising (Rest of Academic Year): Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 11am-1pm
By Appointment: Monday - Thursday: 9:00am - 6:00pm, Friday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Stop by to sign up for an appointment or call 262.521.5476
Academic Success Center Advisors
Tony Landowski, M.S., Academic Success Center Director & Academic Advisor
Katie Press, M.Ed., Academic Advisor & Study Skills Specialist
Kelli Thornton, Academic Success Center Associate
General questions may also be directed to: email@example.com
Check your faculty advisor assignment on PRISM. Contact your faculty advisor via email. All music majors should contact Professor Hurst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advising for UW-Madison: Jessica Regan on Wednesday, November 12th
- Advising for UW-Milwaukee: Andy Cuneo on most Tuesdays;
- Advising for UW-Oshkosh: Linda Hammer On Campus 1st and 3rd Wednesday (will be on campus the 8th and 22nd in October)
- Advising for UW-Parkside: Amelia Tobias On Campus 2nd and 4th Thursday
- Advising for UW-Whitewater: Dave Hahn or Sarah Duesterbeck - On Campus 1st and 3rd Thurday
- Advising for UW-Platteville: LeAnn Leahy September 24, October 24, November 14 and December 12
- Advising for Mt. Mary University: September 30th and November 20th from 11:00am - 1:00pm (in HUB)
- Advising for Carroll University: Monday, September 22nd 1 - 4pm, October 13th and November 3rd, 17th, December 1st and 15th from 9:00am - Noon
- Marquette University: Wednesday, October 1st from 12:00 - 2:00pm in the HUB
All visiting advisors meet with students in C170 (across from the HUB).
How We Advise
UW-Waukesha utilizes a shared advising model. We have both professional staff and faculty advisors who seek to help students through their education journey here, including course planning, career and major exploration, life planning and limited financial aid advising. Advisor assignments can be found on student PRISM accounts.
- New Freshmen are advised by Academic Success Center advisors as well as faculty advisors.
- Students admitted to the Fresh Start Program will be advised by professional staff advisors in the Academic Success Center
- Students admitted to the TRiO Program will be advised by professional staff advisors in the TRiO office
- Students 22 years old and over are advised by the Coordinator for Adult Student Services in the Academic Success Center
- Transfer students are advised by Academic Success Center professional staff advisors
- Non-Degree (Special) students are advised by Academic Success Center professional staff advisors