Academic Success Center
- Book a free tutoring appointment
- Reserve a group study room
- Request a tutor in an area not listed below
- Recommend a student to be a tutor (For instructors only)
- Apply to be a tutor
- View our tutoring expectations
Located in the open space of the Academic Success Center, the Math Center offers walk-in math tutoring and one on one appointments. Look for the red flags!
Walk-In Math Tutoring: Monday-Friday 10:00am-1:00pm (Also Sundays from 3-6pm in the library)
Math Tutoring Appointments: Monday-Thursday 1:00-4:00pm
Located in W122 in the right corner of the Academic Success Center, the Writing Center offers coaching during all stages of the writing process. Peer writing tutors are eager to read your paper with you and respond to your writing in order to help you write your best paper. Appointments are encouraged, walk ins are welcome.
Monday - Thursday: 9:30am-2pm
Tutoring in the Diversity Center
There is a writing tutor from the Writing Center in the Diversity and Pre-College Center Monday-Friday 9am - 9:30am. You may walk in or book an appointment here.
Online Writing Lab (OWL)
The Online Writing Lab (OWL) allows UW-Colleges students to submit essays online and receive feedback from a student writing tutor. The OWL is part of our Writing Center at UW-Waukesha.
The TRIO program is a federally funded grant that provides extensive academic support to students who are both eligible and are actively pursuing the services available that help students manage the transition from high school to college level academic study. Emphasis is placed on the completion of English and mathematics course requirements expected of all degree seeking university students. Trio Advisors and Specialists have offices in the Academic Success Center.
Tutor Led Study Groups
Study Groups are led by experienced professionals or student peer tutors and are usually held in W108 , a study room in the left corner of the Academic Success Center. No appointment necessary, but please sign in when you arrive. Our current study groups include:
- Accounting: Wednesdays at Noon
- Spanish: Wednesdays Noon - 2:00
- Chemistry: Thursdays and Fridays at Noon & Sundays 3-6pm in the Library
- BIO 285: Wednesdays at Noon (meets in N030)
- BIO 101: Times to be determined
- U.S. History: Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:00-12:30
- Literature Discussion Group: Sundays 3-4pm in the Library
Our Computer Lab is located in W114 (in the center of Academic Success Center) and holds 10 computers. Students are encouraged to use the computer lab to work on assignments. No appointment necessary.
Group Study Rooms
There are two group study rooms available for student reservation, W108 and W122.
- W108 seats 8-12 people and contains 2 white boards. Check the schedule and make a reservation here.
- W122 is also the Writing Center. It seats 4-6 people and contains 1 large white board and 2 computers. Check the schedule and make a reservation here.
Tutoring in the Library
Math and chemistry tutoring are available in the library Sundays 3pm - 6pm
A tutor led Literature Discussion Group is held in the library Sundays 3pm - 4pm
Tutoring in the Diversity Center
Math tutoring is available in the Diversity Center Mondays and Wednesdays 9am-10am
Writing Tutoring is available in the Diversity Center Monday - Friday 9am-9:30am
Contact the Dr. Heather Carroll at email@example.com with inquiries.