Returning Adult Students

A college education opens doors... for you and for your life. It can mean new skills, a better job, a career, a promotion, a higher salary, a way to pursue areas of interest and an opportunity to challenge your mind. UW-Waukesha can help adult students (ages 22 and older) succeed as they begin or continue a college education.

Discover more about the Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) degree completion program, a bachelor’s degree that can be earned right here at UW-Waukesha in collaboration with UW-Parkside.

Adult Students at UW-Waukesha

Adult students, often called returning adults or non-traditional students, are ages 22 and over. They make up 25- 30% of UW-Waukesha's student body. Adult students frequently need to balance the time spent on education with their family, job and personal responsibilities. In addition, many adult students have been away from education for a while and have questions and concerns about the prospect of returning to school. UW-Waukesha understands. We offer many services geared specifically to assisting adult students.

The Recruiters for Adult Students

The recruiters for adult students are dedicated to meeting the needs of adults. Students can schedule an individual appointment to meet with a recruiter by calling (262) 521-5041. They can also be reached by email at They are happy to assist adult students at UW-Waukesha with:

  • Making the choice to begin or return to college
  • Listening to concerns and challenges and offering moral support and advice
  • Exploring careers and choosing a major
  • Applying for admission and transferring credits
  • Applying for financial aid, veteran's benefits or scholarships
  • Exploring campus resources ( Academic Success Center, Computer Center and the Library)
  • Selecting courses and planning for the associate degree
  • Transferring to a 4-year college for a bachelor's degree
  • Exploring collaborative degree programs at UW-Waukesha
  • Taking a class during your lunch hour.

For further information, contact the Admissions Office at (262) 521-5041 or email