New Freshman Advising & Registration Sessions
Advising & Registration (AR) is an event that all new freshmen are required to attend in order to get registered for their first semester. AR is an academic orientation that introduces students to various aspects of our university. Students go through a technology orientation, meet academic advisors, and learn about degree requirements and the transfer planning process. Students will work with academic advisors and faculty advisors to review their first semester plan and register for courses. Student IDs and campus tours are also available at AR.
AR lasts approximately 3 hours and generally occurs at least 10 days after placement tests have been taken on campus. Students must sign up for AR in advance of the scheduled sessions and expect to attend the entire event in order to register for classes.
Students admitted into the Fresh Start program, you must attend an intake advising appointment prior to attending AR. If you were admitted into the Fresh Start program, please contact Kelli at 262-521-5003.
Items to Bring
Please print out and complete the tasks in this packet:
Fall 2014 Advising & Registration Packet
For Fresh Start Program Students: Fall 2014 Fresh Start Program Advising & Registration Packet
If you placed into a Learning Community please review the appropriate Advising and Registration Packet:
- English Learning Community
- English learning Community for Fresh Start Students
- English/Reading Learning Community
- English/Reading Learning Community for Fresh Start Students
Things to Review
- Course Schedule - now available online only
- College Catalog - now available online only
- Transfer Information System- Find the transfer guide you need & look for course equivalencies
- Math Placement Testing Interpretation
- English Placement Testing Interpretation
If you need to reschedule your scheduled AR date, please do so by using the same links provided in the email you used to originally register for AR. If you cannot find this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Please keep in mind that rescheduling will place you into a later AR date and course availability may become increasingly limited.