WAUKESHA – The University of Wisconsin-Waukesha will be holding its Spring Job & Internship Fair from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 9 on campus.
The event, which takes place in the university’s Commons area, is an opportunity for students and graduates to talk with representatives about jobs or internships for the school year or beyond. With a wide range of opportunities represented, individuals may build skills in numerous areas.
The fair is free and open to the community, and attendees do not need to pre-register. Parking is free along University Drive and in lot 6b. UW-Waukesha is located at 1500 N. University Drive in Waukesha.
Tips for the Fair:
- Introduce yourself and shake the representative’s hand
- Have an introduction that includes your name, year in school, what you’ve done in the past and what you are looking for.
- Bring a resume (a few copies to distribute to companies you talk with)
- Dress professionally (Nice top, pants and shoes)
- Always get their contact information (bonus if you send a thank you)
UW–Waukesha has the largest enrollment among the 13 UW Colleges campuses. These freshman/sophomore campuses and UW Colleges Online comprise the UW Colleges. They offer an Associate of Arts and Sciences degree and prepare students of all ages and backgrounds for baccalaureate and professional programs.
In addition, UW-Waukesha offers several collaborative bachelor’s degrees through UW-Milwaukee and UW-Oshkosh. Starting this fall, UW-Waukesha is offering the Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) degree completion program, a bachelor’s degree that can be earned at UW-Waukesha in collaboration with UW-Parkside. The degree is conferred by UW Colleges. Classes are taught by faculty from both UW-Waukesha and UW-Parkside.