UW-Waukesha is proud to partner with Lutheran Social Services and Child's First Campus to provide quality child care on-site. Integrated childcare and preshcool services are available for children aged six weeks to six years. LSS Child Care services are inclusive and welcome children with special needs.
Child’s First Campus will be open M-F from 6:30 am to 5:30 pm and is available to UW-Waukesha students, faculty, and staff. Students will receive a 10% discount.
A Typical Day Includes:
- Outdoor activities
- Nutritious breakfast and snack ( parents provide lunch)
- Small and large group activities
- Arts and crafts
- Circle time felt board activities, finger plays, stories and singing activities
- Early literacy — reading and writing activities
- Math readiness activities
- Sensory experiences
- Music and movement
High Quality Care
- We use a nationally recognized educational curriculum that focuses on social/emotional, physical, cognitive and language development. Called Creative Curriculum, the program incorporates the latest research and best practices, taking the needs of every type of learner and the unique needs of each child and family into account.
- We are accredited by The Council on Accreditation (COA), an international, independent, nonprofit, child- and family-service and behavioral health care accrediting organization. The COA community is committed to promoting standards and championing quality.
- We are in the process of seeking accreditation by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), which recognizes programs that meet national standards of early childhood education. The NAEYC encourages a collaborative team approach in which teachers, administrators and families work together to improve overall quality for children.
All staff has received training in Early Childhood Education, caring for children with special needs and infant/toddler/child CPR. Additional training is provided in various areas of child development.