Registration & Information

How to Register

  • Click the Register link to view all of our classes and trips.
  • Mail. Indicate which course you wish to register for, and mail your check to the CE office. Don’t forget to include your contact information! Name, phone number, mailing address, and email address (if applicable) are required. We cannot accept credit card payments via mail.
  • Phone us at 262-521-5460. Registration can be taken over the phone with a credit card during our regular office hours.
  • Fax. Indicate the course you would like to register for, your contact information, and your credit card number to the Continuing Education office.
  • Walk-in. Register in-person by coming to the Continuing Education office at the UW-Waukesha campus. Credit cards, cash, and check are accepted in-person. 

View our complete administrative policies and procedures.

View the campus map and directions

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find out where my classroom is?

Class details can be accessed on our website under “Registration & Information” or by searching for your class date in the Event calendar. You will receive an email confirmation with your class location about a week prior to the start of the class. You can also call our office for course information.

I didn’t receive an email confirmation for my class, is it running?         

If you did not receive a confirmation for your course, please call Continuing Education for assistance.

My class is on Saturday. Where do I go?

The campus is only open for special events and Continuing Education classes on Saturday. For Saturday classes, you must park in Lot 1 (behind the Northview building) and enter through door 19 by the Continuing Education office.

I’m not sure where I should park. Do I need a pass?

Directions to campus and a campus map are available on our website under “Registration & Information” and will be included with your class confirmation about a week prior to the start of your class. Parking passes are not required after 4:00pm on weekdays, or on weekends. For Saturday classes, you must park in Lot 1 (behind the Northview building) and enter through door 19 by the Continuing Education office.

How will I know if my class is cancelled due to weather?

If the campus is open, CE will hold classes. CE will make every effort to contact students in the event of a cancellation. If a student elects to not attend due to weather, no voucher or refund will be given.

Is there any discount available for seniors?

In addition to the early-bird specials, we offer an extra 5% discount for anyone over 62 on most class offerings. The discount cannot be used for any trips or travel opportunities (including field trips), online courses, credit classes or super saver specials. In order to receive your discount, you must register over the phone or by mail; senior discounts are NOT available via online registration. Please call Continuing Education to register and receive your discount.

I won’t be able to attend a course I registered for, how do I cancel my enrollment?

If you cancel 72 hours or more ahead of the class start date, a voucher will be issued to you. If less than 72 hours’ notice is given, you will not be eligible to receive a voucher. No refunds will be given. *Vouchers are not issued for and cannot be used towards trips, online, or credit courses.*

I would like to support Continuing Education. Does CE accept monetary donations?

Yes! All monetary donations are appreciated and go towards Continuing Education’s Program Fund. We rely on donations to help us provide quality programs for the community. Please call the office or visit our website under “Support Continuing Ed” for more details!

Can I receive credits for Continuing Education courses?

Continuing Education units (CEUs) may be awarded upon completion of a class, either on-campus or online. Ten class hours is equivalent to 1.0 CEU. If you would like to request CEUs, please contact the Continuing Education office prior to the start of your class. For the processing of CEU requests, a $15 fee is charged per class.

Do I need to purchase a textbook or any supplies for my course?

Textbook and supply information can be found on the Continuing Education website under “Registration & Information”. This information will also be sent via email with the class confirmation about a week prior to the start of your class.