Library instruction gives students the tools they need to get started on an assignment, develop their research skills, and feel more comfortable with the research process. If you are assigning your students a project involving research, UW-Waukesha librarians are available to work with your class and provide customized instruction on a variety of topics including:
- Finding and refining a project topic
- Developing a research strategy/relevant keywords
- Recommended sources by subject
- Finding articles and navigating library databases
- Requesting materials from other libraries
- Finding materials in the physical library, using the library catalog
- Evaluating sources (including websites)
- Citing sources and avoiding plagiarism
- Analyzing a paper/project bibliography
- We can also help develop library research assignments based on the learning outcomes of your paper or project.
If you would like to schedule a session, Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to your preferred session date.