UWM at Waukesha Vision Statement
The University of Wisconsin‐Milwaukee at Waukesha will be widely recognized throughout the Waukesha County area as an innovative provider of an excellent University of Wisconsin education.
We will be a top-tier research university that is the best place to learn and work for students, faculty and staff, and that is a leading driver for sustainable prosperity. We will accomplish this through a commitment to excellence, powerful ideas, community and global engagement, and collaborative partnership.
UWM Select Mission Statement
To fulfill its mission as a major urban doctoral university and to meet the diverse needs of Wisconsin’s largest metropolitan area, the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee must provide a wide array of degree programs, a balanced program of applied and basic research, and a faculty who are active in public service. Fulfilling this mission requires the pursuit of these mutually reinforcing academic goals:
- To develop and maintain high quality undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs appropriate to a major urban doctoral university.
- To engage in a sustained research effort which will enhance and fulfill the University’s role as a doctoral institution of academic and professional excellence.
- To continue development of a balanced array of high quality doctoral programs in basic disciplines and professional areas.
- To attract highly qualified students who demonstrate the potential for intellectual development, innovation, and leadership for their communities.
- To further academic and professional opportunities at all levels for women, minority, part-time, and financially or educationally disadvantaged students.
- To establish and maintain productive relationships with appropriate public and private organizations at the local, regional, state, national, and international levels.
- To promote public service and research efforts directed toward meeting the social, economic and cultural needs of the state of Wisconsin and its metropolitan areas.
- To encourage others from institutions in the University of Wisconsin System and from other educational institutions and agencies to seek benefit from the University’s research and educational resources such as libraries, special collections, archives, museums, research facilities, and academic programs.
- To provide educational leadership in meeting future social, cultural, and technological challenges.
More information on UWM's Mission, Vision and Guiding Values