Scholarships are monetary gifts from community, private, and campus sources and are usually based on academic merit or some other criteria. Some scholarships also require verification of financial need. Therefore, all scholarship applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Campus foundations, local businesses, and other sources provide scholarships for students at the University. No repayment of scholarships is required.
Contact your high school counselor and/or the UWM at Waukesha Academic Success Center for scholarship information.
Requirements for UW-Waukesha Foundation Scholarships
- New students must have a minimum ACT score of 19 or higher or a 2.5 GPA.
- Continuing students must have earned at least 12 credits, which may include up to 3 non-degree credits, and have the minimum of a 2.25 GPA.
- All applicants must demonstrate leadership, initiative, critical thinking, maturity, and potential to contribute to society.
- Please note that financial need is not a requirement to be considered for scholarships.
How to Apply
- Complete the application.
- Submit two letters of recommendation using this form. Download the scholarship brochure for more information. One must be from a teacher or a professor. For schools using form letters, only one form letter will be accepted.
DEADLINE EXTENDED - Apply by Wednesday, February 28, 2018, by 4:30 p.m.
Below are a couple of scholarship search engines to help you find external scholarships. UW-Waukesha is not responsible for the content on these sites.