Visit Handshake for recently posted off-campus jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities.
Student Login Directions:
- Go to https://uwm.joinhandshake.com/login
- Enter your student email address in the box (@students.uwc.edu) and click next
- Click "I'm a Student or Alumni"
- Enter your general information
- Confirm your registration - go to your email inbox and click the link provided to confirm your email
- Complete the questionnaire
- The home page of your Handshake account will then say that you are pending access to UW-Milwaukee. Please allow 24-48 business hours for administrative approval to then gain full access.
More information can also be found on the Career Opportunities & Events page for career resources and on-campus career-related events.
Open Campus Student Positions
- Coffee Corner Crew (Work Study Only)
- Custodian Assistant
- Diversity Center Office Assistant (Work Study Only)
- Facilities/Maintenance Assistant (Work Study Only)
- Fieldhouse/Weightroom Supervisor (Work Study Only)
- Fine Arts Gallery Assistant (Work Study Only)
- Library Assistant Job (Work Study Only)
- Pre-College Mentor (Work Study Preferred)
- Solution Center Student Worker (Work Study Only)
- Student Development Office Assistant (Work Study Only)
Fill out the Online Student Employment Application for to apply for the above positions.
The bookstore on campus is also hiring for a temporary position! This person would start ASAP and possibly help until Spring classes start in January. It is a perfect position for a student and as they are willing to work around class and finals schedule. The position would be to assist with rental check-ins on a register and shelving books. This is not a work study position. The rate would be $7.25/hour. Please visit this site to apply: efollet.com/careers.
Steps to Get an On-Campus Student Employment Position:
- Fill out the Online Student Employment Application.
- The supervisor will contact you to set up an interview. At the interview, hours and pay will be discussed. You will be given the payroll packet at this time.
- You MUST return the completed payroll packet to the supervisor to complete the hiring process. In addition, you'll have to complete and pass a background check.
- Students are responsible for entering their own work hours through the payroll system. Supervisors will approve all hours. Students get paid every two weeks through direct deposit. (directions on link provided above)
If you are applying for a work study position:
- Be sure you have been awarded and accepted "Work-Study" on your PRISM financial aid page.
- You must be enrolled in at least 6 credits during the semester.
What is Work-Study?
Work-Study is federal student aid that is based on need and awarded as part of the total financial aid package. Most students positions on campus require work-study funding for eligibility.
- Students must complete the FAFSA (free application for federal student aid) to see if they qualify for work-study. If they do qualify, it will be listed on their PRISM Student Center page under financial aid. Students must accept work-study on their PRISM account before they inquire about jobs. Contact the campus Solution Center with questions.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 6 credits during the semester that they want to work. If their enrollment falls below 6 credits, the student is immediately terminated from their student job(s).
- A student must be enrolled in classes in order to work. If a student withdraws from school, the student is terminated from their student job(s) on the last day of enrollment.
- A student must make satisfactory academic progress (SAP). In other words, a work-study student needs to keep moving toward degree completion by earning passing grades and completing at least 2/3 of their classes. If a student has a SAP hold (financial aid suspension) placed on their record, the student may not work until the hold is removed. Contact the campus Solution Center with questions about reinstatement.