Congratulations on your admission! We are excited to have you as a student on our campus! Check out the new student resources and information.
Take your Next Steps to Success!
Now that you have been admitted, you must complete the following steps in the enrollment process.
1. Placement Tests
- Please plan to take your placement tests at least two weeks prior to your advising and registration date, or before meeting with your advisor. View complete placement test information.
- Placement tests are required of all new, incoming students who have not yet completed college-level English, mathematics or foreign language coursework. If you have taken Advanced Placement (AP), concurrent enrollment or Cooperative Academic Partnership Program (CAPP) coursework during high school, please contact Solution Center for clarification on which tests are needed.
- Transfer students may not be required to take the tests if they have completed college-level coursework that provides an indication of the level of mathematics, writing or foreign language already successfully accomplished. Contact your advisor for more information.
2. Advising & Registration (A&R)
- This is a 3 hour orientation program where you will learn everything you need to know to begin as a first year student at UWM at Waukesha.
- Receive your placement results, understand degree requirements and ultimately, work with advisors to schedule classes.
- An email will be sent to you with available dates.
Special Information for TRIO students
- Contact Heidi Graham at 262-521-5475 or Schelzia Ross at 262-521-5127 for more information about the TRIO registration process.
3. Fall Welcome
- Get oriented to campus. Learn about campus resources and student life opportunities (clubs, organizations, athletics and more!)
- Meet new people and have fun.
Need more information?
Advising and registration sessions are for new students who have completed their placement test. This event is an opportunity to work with an academic advisor and register for your classes.
Check your campus email for the “admitted/new students next steps invite" for the link to register for an advising and registration session. Also, please continue to check your campus email for other steps in the admission process, including Fall Welcome. For placement testing and other admissions information see the new student resources and information.
If you are a continuing student you will need to work with your academic advisor to ensure that you are meeting degree requirements. Open enrollments dates can be found on your Student Center page in PRISM. (Fall Registration: second Wednesday of April and Spring Registration: second Wednesday of November).
In order to select and get into all of the classes you want, we recommend that students register as early as possible during the published times.
To register for classes:
- Review the course schedule and develop a tentative set of courses.
- Discuss class choices and academic plan with an advisor.
- Check PRISM for open enrollment dates. Download the PRISM tutorial.
- Accept Terms and Conditions Agreement (TAC).
- Register for courses online using PRISM.
Have you attended in the past but taken a semester or more off? Follow these steps to register for classes:
- Re-submit the UW System Application.
- Log on to your campus email and PRISM account to track your admissions status. Your username and password should have remained unchanged.
- If you forgot either, use the “password reset” page link on the PRISM log-in screen to recover both.
- After you have been re-admitted, follow the steps to register as a continuing student above.