The University of Milwaukee at Waukesha (UWM at Waukesha) fall play, “Love/Sick” a collection of slightly twisted hilarious short plays by the writer of “Almost Maine,” John Cariani, opens October 19 at 7:30 p.m.
Lead by creative team Steve Decker, associate professor of theatre and communications at UWM at Waukesha, Margot Lange, current UWM at Waukesha student and Jazmin Aurora Medina, professional Milwaukee Costume Designer, “Love/Sick” is performed by a cast of ten, including UWM at Waukesha students and community members. Set in a wacky suburban world, “Love/Sick” explores the joy and pain of being in love through the hearts and minds of imperfect lovers and dreamers.
Performances of “Love/Sick” will be Friday and Saturday, October 19, 20 at 7:30 p.m. and Thursday and Friday, October 25, 26 in the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, located in the Fine Arts Center on campus at 1500 N. University Dr., Waukesha. Tickets are $12 adults, $10 students/seniors and admission is free to UWM at Waukesha students with a photo ID. Tickets will be sold at the door, and the box office opens an hour before each performance. All seating is general admission. For ticket information, call 262-521-5212.
Cast (* Current or former UWM at Waukesha student)
- Gabrielle Adam*, Celia, Wauwatosa
- Eli Buran*, Louise/Jill, Hartland
- Melissa Hammen*, Kelly/ Emily, West Bend
- Romesh Alex Jaya*, Ben/Mark, Milwaukee
- Brett McAlister*, Man/Kevin/Keith, East Troy
- Jessica Mayer*, Woman/Sarah, Mukwonago
- Benjamin Marn*, Singing Telegram Man/ Bill, Brookfield
- Cheryl Peterson, Abbie, Waukesha
- Katy Weis*, Liz, Muskego
- Hunter West, Andy/Jake, Milwaukee
- Production Team
- Steve Decker Director, Scene Design, Waukesha
- Margot Lange*, Director, Waukesha
- Jazmin Aurora Medina, Costume Design, Franklin
- Kyla Morley*, Stage Manager/ Technical Assistant, Oconomowoc
- Emily Sheff*, Costume, Assistant, Waukesha
- Adam Jermain, Lighting Design, Madison
- Olivia Rasa*, Sound Engineer/Technical Assistant, Waukesha
- Jenna Johns, Rehearsal Assistant, Waukesha
- Robert Purnell*, Technical Assistant/ Usher, Brookfield
- Bethany Kreiter, Box Office Manager, Waukesha
The UWM at Waukesha Lunt-Fontanne Ensemble presents a wide variety of productions. As a college theatre program, education is the primary goal, and shows fall in all genres.