Each year, UWM at Waukesha honors members of the community who have served the nation in the United States military. The 2018 ceremony takes place on Monday, Nov. 12, from noon to 1 p.m. in the Commons area of the campus.
Organized by the Student Veterans group on campus, it is a time for reflection and support for all who have served. Everyone is welcome, and parking restrictions will be lifted for the event.
The 2018 Veterans Day ceremony will feature remarks by:
- Anthony Anderson, an Iraq War veteran whose experiences were chronicled in the Emmy-nominated documentary “Almost Sunrise.” It is a story of veteran resilience and recovery.
- Tim Thering, associate professor of history at UWM at Waukesha, will discuss the history of Veterans Day and the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I.
- Yolanda Medina, former Marine and director of UWM’s Military & Veterans Resource Center
- Kasey Slater, Student Veteran
- August Vaughan, Student Veteran
St. John's Northwestern Military Academy is supplying the color guard. Thadd Sapa-Kotlarek, a student at the campus, will sing the national anthem.
Questions about this event, contact Ellyn Lem, Student Veteran advisor (Ellyn.email@example.com)
UWM at Waukesha is located at 1500 N. University Drive in Waukesha.