Thank you for visiting our website and seeking our services. The University of Wisconsin‐Milwaukee at Waukesha Career & Internship Program is excited to partner with you in order to meet your needs and connect you to our students. We are extremely proud of the student population and feel they can be an asset to your organization.
Please explore our links to learn more about our students, ways to enhance your campus presence as well as recruiting possibilities.
Browse our website to become familiar with all our office has to offer you. If you are looking to post internship and job opportunities at UWM at Waukesha, please read below on how to do so on Handshake. We look forward to working with you!
How Employers Can Get Involved
The UWM at Waukesha Internship Program provides an opportunity for students to find internships, learn in a structured employment situation under supervision, and gain credit for their involvement. Host an intern today.
Job & Internship Fairs
Reserve a booth at the Fall and Spring Job & Internship Fairs for the ideal way to meet students and increase awareness of your organization. For more information on the upcoming fair, click here.
Job Shadow Program
We are always looking for employers who are willing to host a student for the day to show them what your job is all about. Job shadowing is one of the best ways for students to explore careers.
UWM at Waukesha hosts several Employer Spotlights each school year. Up to six organizations are invited on campus, and given a table near the cafeteria from 11:45pm - 1:00pm. This event is for organizations looking to connect with students about internships, jobs or volunteer opportunities. If you would like to take advantage of this free event to talk with students about opportunities and increase awareness of the organization, please contact Alexandria Lawver, Career & Internship Coordinator.
Host a Day in the Field Event
As students explore careers, this is a great way to host a small group of students interested in your industry at your organization. Typical day in the field events include a tour, an information session and time for questions/answers/networking.
Post Job & Internship Opportunities
Looking to hire? Please post on Handshake.
Employer Sign-up Directions:
- Go to https://uwm.joinhandshake.com/login
- Click on "Sign up for an account" on the left side
- Click on the "Employer" button
- Complete the required information
- Request access to the UWM Employment Office
- Please allow 24-48 business hours for administrative approval
- Once your registration has been approved, see below on how to post a job and/or internship.
- Log in to Handshake
- Go to "Post a Job"
- Complete the required information
- At the end, select UW-Milwaukee as the school
- After completion of your job posting, please allow 24-48 business hours for administration approval.
Internship Program Sponsorship Opportunities
Help our students explore career options and connect employers with our outstanding University of Wisconsin‐Milwaukee at Waukesha students.
Our close partnerships with employers are vital to our mission, rewarding and mutually beneficial. Our office recognizes that the future of your organization lies in its ability to attract the best interns and employees who will make valuable contributions to your business or service.
The UWM at Waukesha Internship Program is excited to partner with you in order to assist you with your unique needs in several ways:
- Develop a customized plan to best meet your needs & connect you with the students you seek
- Actively promote your brand on campus
- Conscientiously strive to build a bridge between you and our faculty
- Connect you with student organizations and assist you with your diversity recruiting efforts
To further help you stand out as an organization, we have developed various sponsorship opportunities.
If your organization is interested in getting involved on campus, please contact:
Career Services Coordinator