Honor Roll of Donors
For many years, the Library has benefited from the generosity of scores of individuals who have donated funds, works of art, as well as materials for our collections and our annual book sale. We are indebted to our Friends of the Library for their generous donations.
UWM at Waukesha has also been the beneficiary of many wonderful volunteers who give countless hours of their valuable time each year to Library and Media Services. Library Volunteers help us with a variety of critical tasks including new and gift book processing, inventory, shelving, and many special projects.
Library Book Sale
The Library receives collections of donated materials from friends and alumni throughout the year. Donated items that are not added to the collections of the UW Colleges libraries are, with the donor's permission, typically included as part of our ongoing book sale which is organized and run by the UW-Waukesha Foundation and the Friends of the Library.
Opportunities for Enrichment
- Honor – Donors may give a one time or occasional monetary gift in honor of an individual. A bookplate with appropriate acknowledgment will be affixed to each item.
- Memorial – Donors may give a monetary gift in memory of an individual. A bookplate with appropriate acknowledgment will be affixed to each item
- Gifts-in-kind – Your donation of physical items will enrich and enhance the quality of our existing collections.
- Library Gift Fund - Monetary gifts of any size are welcomed to enrich the gift fund and afford the opportunity to meet specified needs.
- Book-a-year-endowment – A contribution of $1500 will purchase a book a year in perpetuity in the name of the donor or in honor or memory of someone the donor designates. The book plate will be inscribed according to the donor's request.
- Endowed fund – A contribution of $10,000 or more will support specific Library collections in the name of the donor or in honor or memory of someone the donor designates. Book plates will be inscribed according to the donor's request.
Student Government Association/SUFAC Gifts
The UWM at Waukesha Student Government Association (SGA) and the Segregated University Fee Allocation Committee (SUFAC) has graciously provided the Library and Media Services with several gifts over the years that have greatly benefited both the Library and its users. The gifts, detailed below, were ideas that originated primarily from SGA officers and senators. We sincerely thank SGA for their continued support of and counsel to the Library and Media Services.
(2012-13) ADA computer workstation and study table
(2012-13) Rolling chairs for Collaborative Group Study Room
- (2007-8) Color Copier and Digital Scanner
- (2004-05) Student Reading Lounge Furniture
- (2002-03) - Library service and collections signage
- (1991-92) - Library book drop (located near the Northview entrance in parking lot #2)
- (1987-88) - Canon microfilm reader-printer
For further information about becoming a Friend of the UWM at Waukesha Library, please contact Scott Silet, Library Director, at (262)-521-5471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.