Where do I get my ID?
- Ask at the Library Information Desk
Who can get an ID?
- UW-Waukesha Students (student IDs are covered by the registration fees you pay when you first enroll; replacement IDs cost $5.00)
- UW-Waukesha faculty and staff
- Campus vendors (contact the campus Computer Center for assistance)
When can I get an ID?
- Fall & Spring Terms: Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Summer term: Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
What do I use my student ID for?
- Check out Library materials
- Use the Campus Fitness Center and access the gym during open hours
- Attend campus events - plays, sporting events, lectures, etc. - without charge
- Student discounts at area businesses
Can I use my Waukesha student ID to vote?
Currently UW-Waukesha student IDs are not compliant with the 2016 Wisconsin voter ID law, however, if you would like to be able to use your campus ID to vote, you can get a voting-compliant ID in the Enrollment Services office. We anticipate that in the near future UW-Colleges IDs will be voter ID-compliant.
What forms of ID can be used to vote in Wisconsin's elections?
We recommend that you consult the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board website for information on new voting requirements and acceptable forms of ID for voting in Wisconsin.
What will the new Waukesha ID cards do?
While an exact rollout date is not yet been determined, the UW Colleges will be implementing a new smart ID sometime duirng the 2016-17 school year. The new IDs will also function as a campus debit card which can be used at the bookstore, cafeteria, coffee shop, athletic and fine arts events, etc. These IDs will also serve as a valid form of voter ID in Wisconsin.